Junior Developer - Remote/Seattle
at Parallel Public Works
We build better software for the public good.
Do you want to be a part of an organization with a mission and use your breadth of knowledge to help other organizations realize theirs? Are you interested in challenging work that involves learning on the fly and bringing order and meaning to clients who are passionate about their purpose?
Do you want an opportunity that is flexible and gives you the autonomy to work as you need to?
- Assist as needed on a variety of development tasks to help meet sprint and release deadlines
- Full stack site building
- Own and write software features from specifications
- Experience with web platforms design, configuration, and management
- Experience building and maintaining Drupal sites and WordPress sites
- Broad DevOps understanding and sharp Git skills
- Knowledge of testing frameworks like Selenium, and Cypress
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and produce elegant and efficient solutions
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
- Experience with Open Source technologies and RESTful APIs
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 1+ years in software development
- 1+ years in web platform design and management
- You are smart, creative, and passionate. You are accountable, self-motivated, and always driven to explore. You understand the importance of meeting deadlines. You thrive with big problems and strive for simple solutions.