Junior Software Engineer
at Castle Hill Gaming
The junior software engineer is involved with all parts of the software development cycle ranging from systems architecture and design to coding and testing under the guidance of a more experienced engineer.
This role is on-site full-time in Charlottesville, VA. If you are outside of this area, you will need to relocate and relocation assistance is available.
- Develop code for new and existing projects while adhering to company best practices and coding standards
- Work collaboratively with others to complete projects
- Work with team to come up with ways to improve overall development processes
- Document software functionality
- Understand business needs and how to build software to support those needs
- Evaluate and debug issues reported from the field
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- At least a year of experience coding with .NET and C# outside of Unity or other game engine
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns
- Understand and have experience with client-server development including secured network communications in various environments (e.g., LAN, Cloud)
- Ability to analyze and debug software
- Experience with distributed source control systems like Git
- Experience with agile development processes
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Team player with high performance standards
- Experience with WPF, Asp.Net MVC, WCF, and/or Entity Framework
- Experience with relational databases systems such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and above
- Experience coding in C++
*** We are not offering Visa sponsorship or transfers for this position, now or in the future.